Call for Programs
The Maryland Student Affairs Conference seeks online programs that provide opportunities for students and staff to share their experiences and expertise that will appeal to a wide variety of higher education staff members including new and seasoned professionals, front-line staff members, and representatives from non-traditional student affairs units.
We are no longer accepting proposals for the 2021 conference.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion or wellness focused programs
- Active-learning sessions
- Students as co-presenters
- Programs that build multicultural competency and capacity development
- Best practices; innovative tools or strategies that enhance the delivery of services
- Skills development; tangible skill-building to improve personal or community wellness
- Implicit bias prevention training
- Current/emerging trends in Student Affairs
- Social justice
- Student engagement
- Presentations that highlight the range of services provided in Student Affairs
- Meditation and stress relieving practices
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Anti-racist strategies
- Impacts of power and privilege
- Exploration of cultural and social identities and their intersectionality
- Creative collaborations
- Wellness (physical, financial, environmental, social, vocational, intellectual, emotional, spiritual)
We are excited to offer the following program formats this year
- 50-minute or 110-minute program sessions
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs). (CEUs are non-credit continuing education programs intended to improve knowledge and skills of professionals in the field, in this case professionals working in counseling and similar fields. CEUs submissions will be reviewed by the University Counseling Center.)
- Sessions offered in Spanish. Special consideration will be given to presentation proposals that may be delivered in Spanish.
- Does your program reflect an impact on others and our community?
- Do you have special expertise in a topic you want to share with others?
- Does your department have a unique innovation to highlight?
- Does your department provide a unique service or program that participants would find helpful or beneficial to them personally and/or professionally?
- Does your program lend itself to being recorded?
|Program Proposals must be submitted no later than 11:59pm on Monday, March 22, 2021|
Reminder: All program presenters must be registered for the conference.
Still Have Questions? Please Contact Us!